Today, one of my favorite blog commenters Kelly (seriously girl…I look forward to your comments every day) asked how Goose was liking the new laminate floor. So I thought answering her question would make a great blog post. And what makes a blog post even more amazing? Videos! We took a couple videos of Goose running and jumping on the new laminate flooring.
To preface the videos, I have a few notes for you that should make video viewing more enjoyable:
- We are HORRIBLE video recorders….HORRIBLE
- Video #1 starts off slow but really picks up around the 0:50 mark when Colby initiates the “Goose Cam”
- Video #1 is all about “Cookie Tossing”….I throw a cookie, Goose runs after it, Goose eats it….really riveting stuff
- Video #2 is all about our German Short Haired Mexican Jumping Goose…he’s got some serious ups!
- We find Video #2 absolutely hilarious! We’re still rolling! But I’m sure you’ll find it dry and boring (or maybe you’ll surprise us and love it too!)
And the point of these videos? To show how durable the new laminate floors are. Even with all the Goose abuse there is still not a single scratch! But when Goose runs and jumps and skids across the hardwood floors with five coats of poly….well….that’s a different story. Most of our refinished wood floors are completely scratched up. Boo water based poly. I have a theory that oil based poly will be much more durable.
Anywho…it did take Goose a few runs through the kitchen to get used to the new, more slick, laminate flooring. The first few times he came barreling into the kitchen he crashed into the walls. We’re talking hardcore, ass over teakettle crash. And then when he tried to “take off” from the kitchen, chasing after the mailman at the front of the house, he completely skidded out. I wish we captured those moments on video! He has definitely adjusted and learned to take it easy when coming through that room for fear of wiping out!