Since the sanding and mud slinging continues in our bedrooms, and I don’t have much else to report on the home improvement front, I thought I would share another little project I’ve been working on. You see…there are only 413 days until I turn 30! Eeeee gads! And honestly, I’m having an ever so slightly hard time with it. But at least Colby will always be older! Ha! But as 30 too quickly approaches I start thinking about how I want to slow down, smell the roses, and let go of my type A, list making personality. So to do that, ironically I’ve made a list…a fun list…of 30 things I want to learn, see, and do before I hit the big three-oh. I bring you, Angie’s 30 Before 30 Challenge.
- Get Married
- Go see the Timber Tina Lumberjack show in Bar Harbor
- Consider having children
- Join Colby for a romantic date night out
- Learn how to use the video function on my Nikon DSLR
- Purchase a big girl couch
- Try surfing
- Track down the world’s most amazing Sangria recipe
- Travel somewhere outside the continental US
- Run the Beach to Beacon road race
- Hike Cadillac Mountain
- Finish a quarter of the books on “The List”
- Go on a picnic
- Learn to sew
- Bake Colby a birthday cake
- Learn to knit
- Dig for mussels on the Maine coast
- Finish the yearly photo books
- Make my own Christmas cards
- Spend a weekend in Southern Maine
- Go to an auction
- Send my mom flowers
- Watch all 10 seasons of Friends start to finish
- Explore Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Cook through my recipe idea files
- Attend the infamous Brimfield antique show
- Become a mug club member at a local bar
- Organize the house
- Conquer Julia Child’s Le Boeuf Bourguignon
- Host a yard sale
And a few notes:
- I know I’m getting married in August but I HAD to put at least one item in here that I KNEW I would complete.
- Consider…note the word “consider” before “having children”…don’t get too excited mom!
- I can’t believe Colby and I have NEVER been a romantic date! What can we say, we’re pub and beer people.
- That sangria recipe shall also be committed to memory!
- If I don’t win the Beach to Beacon “lottery” (sadly not everybody who wants to run it can), I’ll find a comparable race instead. Hmmm…Red Sox Race To Home Base perhaps?!
- For those unfamiliar with “The List”…it’s the Times 100 greatest novels list that Colby and I are feverishly competing against each other to finish.
- As much as I like to bake, I can’t believe I have yet to make Colby a birthday cake! For shame!
- Not only will I be learning to knit, but making a blanket for the guest room.
- I’m sending flowers to my mom just because she’s my mom.
- Auctions fascinate me.
- I know “organize the house” is totally subjective…but I have a feeling I will “just know” when it’s done.
- I have had the Julia Child cook book for about 8 years now…I have still too intimidated to try ANY of her recipes.
I know…it’s a totally random list. Seriously…learn to knit, bar mug club and surfing…all totally related?! Really?! But those are things I’ve been wanting to do for a looooong time and it’s about time I started making those dreams a reality! That may have just been a smidge too cliche for me. Anyway, I’m taking my type A personality and we’re going to start tackling some of these! And of course I’ll keep you posted along the way…especially the home improvement parts!
Pssst…now it’s your turn. If you were crafting your own 30 Before 30 list (or 40 Before 40 list, etc) what’s on your list? Feel free to use the comments section of this post to share what’s on your life to-do list.
Psssssst…I can’t take 100% credit for the creativity of the 30 Before 30 challenge. It’s out there on the blogosphere everywhere. My inspiration came from Restored Style who has a great 30 Before 30 list. But I do take
the blame claim for the 30 Before 30 logos in this post. Dork alert…logo making is totally my idea of a good time…hence two logos!