Forgive me while I have a “moment” here. Remember last year when I did a little series called The Twelve Days of Craft-Mas (for you newbies you can check out the recap back here)? I swore I would do that series year after year after year. Well…I don’t want to do it this year. Colby and I are still recovering from the glitter explosion of Christmas season 2011…I’m still picking glitter boogers and Colby’s still sporting that “I just came from the strip club glitter face”. Too much information? I’ll still be Christmas crafting this season, just not in the same fervour as last year. AND I’m not committing to crafting 12 projects. I’m very anti-committal these days (except for you Colby baby…I swear I’m committed to you…she says while smirk smiling).
Okay, now that that’s out of my system, one thing that I wanted to do last year here on the blog that I didn’t get to thanks to all the hot glue and glitter flying around here, was to put together some gift guides. And since I’m still in the crafting spirit and 100% obsessed with Etsy these days, why not do a gift guide with gifts solely from Etsy?! Good idea, no?! So I bring you the first of a four-ish part series of gift guides. Ladies first…here’s the Etsy gifts for her list.
- Macaroon Linen Trinket Box from The Little Tree House – $16 - This gift may be a little deceiving since the adorable box isn’t available until January. The shop limits orders to 100 per month and is already taking pre-orders for January. Super popular product people! But how adorable are they?! I just want to eat them they’re so cute…but that would be gross because they’re not actual macaroons.
- Artful Porcelain Mini Vase from Wapa Porcelain Affairs - $44 - Seriously, the folded white porcelain couldn’t get any cuter, or original. It’s such a unique little bud vase.
- Red Poppy Kindle Cover from Cathy K Designs – $29 – Wouldn’t the reader in your family be fashionably awesome sporting a new, fabric covered, hardcover Kindle cover? The shop also carries a wide variety of other tablet covers.
- Coral Aqua Earrings from Bella Anela Jewelry – $42 - You can never go wrong with earrings. What girl doesn’t love earrings? Especially hand made, gold hoop earrings with pops of aqua and coral beading.
- Flower Magnet Set from The Indoor Garden Shop – $12 - I am obsessed, absolutely obsessed with these super cute magnets. Don’t refrigerators deserve to be adorably adorned as well?! And wouldn’t this make a cute gift for an office co-worker or as a stocking stuffer?!
- Anchor iPhone Case from Art Trip – $11.99 - Ahoy me matey, deck out yer lady’s phone with this sea worthy iPhone case. The shop also carries other phone cases in numerous designs (the hot pink sparkly one was a close second choice).
- Deer Antler Ring from Moon Raven Designs – $59 - This solid white bronze ring screams I’m rustic but girly. It’s like the ruffled up red plaid shirt of the jewelry world. I’m coining it hunting lodge chic.
- Chevron Striped Wristlet from Lemidi Japon – $25.48 - How could I resist a coral/pink chevron striped wristlet? It was begging to be added to the list. This adorable purse is made in France so if you’re interested in purchasing this item for the fashionista in your life, order and order soon! It takes 14 days to ship!
- Fashion Illustration Note Cards from Elizabeth Kelley – $10 - This fashionable set of five original blank note cards come with plain white envelopes. They make a great gift for a coworker or family member and can even be used as original art work.
- Vintage Western Swizzle Sticks from Sherwood Vintage – $28 - No joke, these barbed wire, vintage, gold swizzle sticks sold out as I was writing this post. They’re just that awesome! But check out the shop for a variety of other western inspired vintage goodness.
- Cresent Wine Bottle Holder from Stem Custom Woodwork – $18 - We couldn’t forget about the entertainers and the wine-o’s on your Christmas shopping list. This wine holder perfectly balances a full bottle of wine creating a beautiful counter display.
- Chevron Coasters/Cocktail Napkins from Bellish Boutique – $14 - This set of six coasters/cocktail napkins can serve double duty at a cocktail party. Stylishly serve up cocktails and apps with these light gray, chevron beauties.
This is only the tip of the ice berg of all the amazing gift options out there on Etsy. I encourage you all to check out your favorite Etsy shops this holiday season or shop your local stores and craft fairs! Back to cruising Etsy I shall go to come up with a gift guide for the men in your life for tomorrow!
Pssst…Check back tomorrow for a gift guide for guys, followed by one for kids and perhaps one for pets later this week. Don’t forget about the fluffs this holiday season…they like treats too! Or maybe that’s just our cookie hound?!