I know this is probably a little late for most of you…okay…ALOT late for most of you, but I’ve been working on this post since Thanksgiving day (hashtag I kid you not) and damn it, I’m gonna post it (hashtag can you blame me)! As a recent Etsy-preneur, making the jump from my steady, swanky desk job in marketing to the life of a handmade shop sole proprietorship, I appreciate (reeeaaaaalllly appreciate) supporting small business and other Etsy shops this holiday shopping season. So I give you my Etsy Gift Guide 2013, with all sorts of goodies for the guys, gals, chilluns, and fur-children. Without further ado….
- Pie Plate from Artet Manufacutre So…obsessed…with this pie plate. I can just imagine myself all June Clever-ed up in my kitchen baking pies of every flavor….apple…pumpkin…banana cream, OH banana cream.
- Bangles from Voz Collective Wouldn’t the fashionista on your list love these bangles? And check out the other fab accessories in their shop. There’s no shortage of fabulous-ness.
- Linen Apron from Celina Mancurti Swoon! This apron is eco-friendly and hand screen printed. Would it be cheesy to add that it was made with love?! Okay…too far.
- Mint Earrings from Tiny Galaxies These earrings are the epitome of classy glam. Colby…hint hint…these would make a fabulous gift for a certain leading lady in your life…hint hint.
- Turkish Bath Towels from Cotton Bath Towels These Turkish bath towels wick water like nobody’s business and are so much more compact (and colorful) than our traditional bath towels. Give the gift of luxury…okay…too far again.
- Leather Tote Bag from Abizema This leather tote hails from Ethiopia and is nothing short of fabulous! If I was still a working girl, I would want this lovely lady swinging from my arm to and from the office. Imagine the snacks it could hold!
- Gold iPhone Case from Comfort Zone Central Give me glitter or give me death! That’s how the quote goes, right?! But seriously…how can you go wrong giving a little sparkle for one’s phone.
- Mustache Wax from Rex Organics Movember got the dudes in your life rocking a sweet stache? Have an inspiring Tom Selleck look alike? Look no further than this organic stache wax!
- Beer Carrier from Bacon Square Farm Oh my goodness my Guinness…is traveling in this awesome, handmade tote! Carry beer in style in this reclaimed wood caddy with iron handle.
- Guitar Pick Wallet from Mesa Dreams This classic and simple wallet is personalized with your man’s initials within the hand drawn and tooled guitar pick.
- Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag from Peg And Awl Brown bag it and a sturdy, reusable, canvas bag. Sandwiches never looked so good.
- Camp Stool from Robin Cottage The vintage camp stool sports a handcrafted wool seat made with genuine Pendleton® fabric in a fab buffalo plaid.
- Ron Swanson Coffee Mug from Brian Mietz Insert favorite Ron Swanson quote here. Let me get things started….”Any dog under fifty pounds is a cat and cats are useless” or “Are you going to tell a man that he can’t fart in his own car?”.
- Golf Ball Markers from Doggone Tags It’s like the mood ring of ball markers.
- Sheepskin Bomber Hat from The Sheepherder Warmth, fuzziness, rugged good looks…are we still talking about hats?
- Plus Blanket from Wren And Rumor Cold got you down? Pick up one of these adorable blankets for the holidays.
- Wooden Toy Camera from Egg And Yolk Budding photog in your family? This toy camera even has an interchangeable lens!
- Pallet Wood Toy Barn from Upcycled Woodworks Have you guys seen that Old Macdonald Geico commercial? With the spelling bee? Kills me…every time.
- Rocking Horse from Friendly Toys Holy amazingness Batman! How adorable is this handmade rocking horse?! It’s even eco friendly as it’s painted with chalk paint and finished with linseed oil.
- People Crayons from Ivy Lane Designs I loved crayons as a kid. All I wanted to do was color. And crayons in shapes would have been the topper offer for my coloring obsession.
- Teepee Tent from The Teepee Guy Ooooh…play teepees! Fun!
- Baby Plate from Oh No Rachio A hand illustrated baby plate to make dinner time just a little cuter. As if those sweet potato faces aren’t cute enough already!
- Stacking Toy from HC Woodcraft This wooden motor skills toy for the babe on your list can even be personalized.
- Cat Collar from Mogs Togs These cat collars are made of super adorable, almost Hogwarts like, fabric.
- Rope Dog Leash from Grey Paw Design These leashes are not only handmade but also hand dyed.
- Cat Cave from Inna Ganke This adorable cat home is made from wool and provides a cozy little spot for your family feline to snooze.
- Dog Biscuits from True Treats Pet Bakery A beer and pizza dog treat? ‘Nuff said.
- Felt Fox Catnip Toy from Picky Chick Designs What does the fox say?! (Side note…if you don’t know what the fox says you MUST check this YouTube video out.)
- Leather Dog Collar from Saluki Feathers Wouldn’t Goose look dashing in a personalized leather collar? Me thinks so.
- Custom Dog Tag from The Copper Poppy This is such a perfectly simple dog tag. It’s a step up from the dog-bone-esque tags that you can get out of that little machine at PetCo.
- Dog Balm from Rescue Pet Products Prevent cracked noses and paws this winter with an organic balm made special for pooches.
- Catnip Toy Mice from The Dots Have you seen the Christmas Toy? That’s my all-time favorite Christmas movie. There’s this toy in that movie called Mew and he’s a cat-toy. I loved Mew. He was adorable. And although he looks nothing like these cat toys, they remind me of him.
So happy (small business) shopping everyone!
I promise this is the last installment of the “Etsy Gift Guide” series. Next week we’ve got some seriously awesome house projects for you, a couple holiday decorating/crafting ideas, and a big ol’ house master plan/to-do list (teaser…we had one of those epiphany moments the other day that if we buckled down and finished up all those half finished rooms/projects, we could have the house licked come spring…when we could technically sell the house if we need/wanted to…it would be kind of nice to have the house in a condition where we could sell it on a moments notice instead of having to finish sheet rocking the guest bedroom first…). But anyway…gifts for the fluffs (cats and dogs).
- Glittery Cat Collar from Sweet Pickle Designs – $12 - I want a cat. Just so I can get said cat this collar…and name her Glimmer, or Shimmer, or…you get the idea.
- Cotton Rope Dog Toy from Makai Store – $10 - There’s something just so sweet and charming about tossing a nautical themed, rope ball to the dog in lieu of a tennis ball. Our dog would just end up chewing the darn thing anyway.
- Pumpkin Noni Coconut Oil Dog Treats from Big Island Goodies – $9.97 - These dog treats hail from the big island of Hawaii and are considered super food treats for dogs. They claim to help with dog itching, scratching and general skin dryness, which is a big Goose problem in the winter. I might need to try these with him this winter.
- Mustache Pet ID Tag from Poochy Couture – $12 - I think I’ve included a mustache product in each gift guide so far so I couldn’t skip the fluffs. This pet ID tag is 1″ round, made of hammered aluminum, and engravable with your pooch’s name.
- Here Kitty Kitty Cat Treats from BW Barkery – $7.95 - Don’t let the dog on the box fool you, these are cat treats. Alaskan salmon cat treats to be specific. Glimmer says “yum-o…purrrrrrrrrrr”.
- Organic Catnip Toy Mouse from Critter Project – $10.00 - Catnip has always intrigued me, and reminded me of my favorite Christmas movie, The Christmas Toy (anyone else beside me seen it?). It’s just one of those things. And it seems like family cats in the past have either went wild over it. These cute mice, even without the catnip, are super adorable for your kitty cat to play with. Oooh…and the catnip packet is easily replaceable.
- Christmas Dog Treats from Muddy Puppys – $7.99 - At first I thought these were people food. You know…chocolate covered pretzels. And then upon further inspection, I realized they were rawhides with a yogurt coating. Goose would LOVE these! But then…he’s not terrible picky. He does eat his own turds.
- Grain Sack Dog Bed from La Maison Lavande – $125.00 - There’s a grain sack dog bed in the featured home in this month’s issue of Country Living and I’m quickly developing an obsession for them, and pretty much anything grain sack related. This bed is a complete bed in that it includes both the grain sack cover and a feather bed insert. Ooh la la! So luxurious!
- Nautical Hemp Dog Leash from Green Bean Dog – $22 - Apparently I love me a nautical dog accessory and this nautical themed dog leash is no exception. This leash is made of 100% organic hemp with a navy striped ribbon and bright red hardware. Ahoy me doggies!
Pssst…Show of hands time, who is done with ALL of their Christmas shopping? Really?! So many of you! So…what did you get me?! Haha! Is it sad and pathetic that I’ve only purchased one gift so far. I’m hanging my head in shame right now.
I would like to preface this post by stating that no, I do not have kids so I’m not sure I’m mom enough to write this post. But I did just fish a bone out of our dog’s throat so I have had some mom training. My choices for this gift guide are more of a “ooooh…look how cute this is” and “I want that in my size” kind of post. So if I committed a cardinal parenting sin and picked a bad for kids product….so sorry, please forgive me, I promise to read all the parenting books someday. So with that…I bring you the Etsy gifts for kids guide.
- Mustache Pacifier from The Stache Store – $5 - I’m sensing a mustache theme going on here lately. But seriously…baby…plus mustache…how can you go wrong?!
- Fish Crayons from Ivy Lane Designs – $8 - Up the coloring ante with crayons shaped like fish. I die…seriously…I die…these are too cute. And the shop has other, various crayon figures to choose from.
- Felt Vegetable Set from Kiddy Couture – $35 - I can totally envision these adorable veggies in a kid’s play kitchen, or just chilling in a toy box ready to eaten…I mean…played with.
- Waterproof Bib from Trendy Baby – $10 - Maybe this is one of those
I don’t own a kidI’m not a parent so I don’t understand, but I never could comprehend the idea of an absorbent fabric bib. But this one I get! This adorable cow patterned bib has a waterproofing top layer to protect baby’s clothes from messes. Bonus tip…the shop is currently offering free shipping!
- Wooden Toy Farm Tractor from Countryside Gifts – $25.95 - She thinks my tractor’s sexy…while it’s chugging along. Sorry, couldn’t help myself. But this is one sexy, handmade, wooden tractor toy.
- Velcro Strap Booties from Trendy Baby – $35 - Another Trendy Baby store find but I couldn’t resist. I wonder if she’ll make a pair in a women’s size nine?! One can only dream! But check out the shop for many more styles and patterns of adorable baby booties.
- Baby Book from 2 Giggles – $60 - For the parents to be on your shopping list, consider a modern twist on the baby book. This journal style baby book is chock full of prompts and pages to record the new baby progress from pregnancy through age one.
- Sock Monkey Fox from Sock Monkey Farm – $25 - No, this fox doesn’t have an identity crisis going on. It’s a fox but made like one of those iconic (and creepy) sock monkeys you see everywhere. And I’ve heard rumors that the Fox just might be the new “it” animal. The llama is going to be SO disappointed!
- Personalized Toy Box from One Sweet Home Alabama – $34.95 - Of course that kid on your shopping list needs a place to put all his or her new toys. Like in this little, rustic toy box complete with a custom name plate. Love the finish on this box!
Pssst…If only I had a kid to shop for this Christmas! I guess Colby’s niece and nephew will have to do! Although they may be a little too old for sock foxes and fish crayons and cow bibs! Next up on the gift guide tour, we’ll be wrapping it up with gifts for the fluffs (cats and dogs) tomorrow. Until next time!
Here it comes…another Angie confession otherwise known as “honesty time”. Part of the reason for “Etsy gift guide week” is because Colby and I escaped to Portland this past weekend for a Smashing Pumpkins concert (which was…wait for it…smashing…har har har). Thus, weekends away = a lack of projects and crafts. So alas, I’m stalling for a bit so I can catch up on projects. But have no fear
Angie is here projects are in the works. So until then…I bring you the Etsy Gift Guide for dudes. Hold on a minute while I go borrow Colby’s man card…got it…let’s go!
- Men’s Laptop Bag from Genuine Goods 786 – $99.00 - For the man with many leather bound books and an office that smells like rich mahogany, I give you this leather laptop bag. It’s a satchel. Alan would be proud.
- Beer Print from Pop Chart Lab – $34.00 - I came across this manly print for the first time in a catalog (I think it was either West Elm or Crate & Barrel). But can’t you see this print hanging behind your man’s bar or in his man cave (or office…who says a beer poster can’t be in an office).
- Toiletry Bag from Felix Street Studio – $40 - This mustache-ed up toiletry bag is made to order and can be personalized for your main squeeze.
- Honey Badger Pint Glass from Humerus Wares – $12 - If your man is anything like my man, he is obsessed with the honey badger video. To be enlightened, check it out here. Honey badger don’t care.
- Beer Soap from Beautiful Soaps – $6.99 - With this gift, your man could bathe in beer…literally. Colby has been known to shower with his beer but this is taking it to another…more appropriate…level.
- Fur Bomber Hat from Bad Baby Vintage – $50 - This is a vintage find from the 1970s and is in GREAT condition. Wouldn’t your guy look so cute in this hat while shoveling the driveway?
- Jack Daniels iPhone Case from Sublimination Art – $14 - For a man that’s deep down butch at heart but is still an iPhone tech lover, how about a little homage to his favorite liquor in an iPhone case.
- Hand Stamped Golf Ball Marker from KG Designs – $22 - Got a golfer in your home? Jazz up his otherwise boring golf ball markers with personalized ones.
- Mustache Bottle Opener Keychain from Bierton Creation – $14.99 - Most epicly awesome stocking stuffer idea! Both of the mustache curls are equipped to do the dirty work and open up beers.
Pssst…For tomorrow’s Etsy gift guide will be taking care of those kiddos on your shopping list. Stay tuned!
Forgive me while I have a “moment” here. Remember last year when I did a little series called The Twelve Days of Craft-Mas (for you newbies you can check out the recap back here)? I swore I would do that series year after year after year. Well…I don’t want to do it this year. Colby and I are still recovering from the glitter explosion of Christmas season 2011…I’m still picking glitter boogers and Colby’s still sporting that “I just came from the strip club glitter face”. Too much information? I’ll still be Christmas crafting this season, just not in the same fervour as last year. AND I’m not committing to crafting 12 projects. I’m very anti-committal these days (except for you Colby baby…I swear I’m committed to you…she says while smirk smiling).
Okay, now that that’s out of my system, one thing that I wanted to do last year here on the blog that I didn’t get to thanks to all the hot glue and glitter flying around here, was to put together some gift guides. And since I’m still in the crafting spirit and 100% obsessed with Etsy these days, why not do a gift guide with gifts solely from Etsy?! Good idea, no?! So I bring you the first of a four-ish part series of gift guides. Ladies first…here’s the Etsy gifts for her list.
- Macaroon Linen Trinket Box from The Little Tree House – $16 - This gift may be a little deceiving since the adorable box isn’t available until January. The shop limits orders to 100 per month and is already taking pre-orders for January. Super popular product people! But how adorable are they?! I just want to eat them they’re so cute…but that would be gross because they’re not actual macaroons.
- Artful Porcelain Mini Vase from Wapa Porcelain Affairs - $44 - Seriously, the folded white porcelain couldn’t get any cuter, or original. It’s such a unique little bud vase.
- Red Poppy Kindle Cover from Cathy K Designs – $29 – Wouldn’t the reader in your family be fashionably awesome sporting a new, fabric covered, hardcover Kindle cover? The shop also carries a wide variety of other tablet covers.
- Coral Aqua Earrings from Bella Anela Jewelry – $42 - You can never go wrong with earrings. What girl doesn’t love earrings? Especially hand made, gold hoop earrings with pops of aqua and coral beading.
- Flower Magnet Set from The Indoor Garden Shop – $12 - I am obsessed, absolutely obsessed with these super cute magnets. Don’t refrigerators deserve to be adorably adorned as well?! And wouldn’t this make a cute gift for an office co-worker or as a stocking stuffer?!
- Anchor iPhone Case from Art Trip – $11.99 - Ahoy me matey, deck out yer lady’s phone with this sea worthy iPhone case. The shop also carries other phone cases in numerous designs (the hot pink sparkly one was a close second choice).
- Deer Antler Ring from Moon Raven Designs – $59 - This solid white bronze ring screams I’m rustic but girly. It’s like the ruffled up red plaid shirt of the jewelry world. I’m coining it hunting lodge chic.
- Chevron Striped Wristlet from Lemidi Japon – $25.48 - How could I resist a coral/pink chevron striped wristlet? It was begging to be added to the list. This adorable purse is made in France so if you’re interested in purchasing this item for the fashionista in your life, order and order soon! It takes 14 days to ship!
- Fashion Illustration Note Cards from Elizabeth Kelley – $10 - This fashionable set of five original blank note cards come with plain white envelopes. They make a great gift for a coworker or family member and can even be used as original art work.
- Vintage Western Swizzle Sticks from Sherwood Vintage – $28 - No joke, these barbed wire, vintage, gold swizzle sticks sold out as I was writing this post. They’re just that awesome! But check out the shop for a variety of other western inspired vintage goodness.
- Cresent Wine Bottle Holder from Stem Custom Woodwork – $18 - We couldn’t forget about the entertainers and the wine-o’s on your Christmas shopping list. This wine holder perfectly balances a full bottle of wine creating a beautiful counter display.
- Chevron Coasters/Cocktail Napkins from Bellish Boutique – $14 - This set of six coasters/cocktail napkins can serve double duty at a cocktail party. Stylishly serve up cocktails and apps with these light gray, chevron beauties.
This is only the tip of the ice berg of all the amazing gift options out there on Etsy. I encourage you all to check out your favorite Etsy shops this holiday season or shop your local stores and craft fairs! Back to cruising Etsy I shall go to come up with a gift guide for the men in your life for tomorrow!
Pssst…Check back tomorrow for a gift guide for guys, followed by one for kids and perhaps one for pets later this week. Don’t forget about the fluffs this holiday season…they like treats too! Or maybe that’s just our cookie hound?!