Saturday morning, while it was hardcore snowing outside, we brought the white out inside and primed up the guest bedroom.
All it took was a couple of hours time and a gallon of primer to achieve the little white box. Not gonna lie…I’m pretty sure this is the best the room has ever looked! It’s so clean in there…and echo-ie!
And as I look into our own little white box, I can’t help but think about Design Star and the white box challenge. Oh how I miss Design Star! I wish that show was on all year round. By the way, did you notice that HGTV is casting right now for design star?! I’m totally signing up…kidding! I couldn’t handle the pressure. I would be the girl under a serious time constraint with a mess of a room and crying in the corner because “I just can’t do this…I need my mom”! Anyway…do you guys remember Stanley and his white box? Here, let me remind you:
For some reason, the entire time I was priming the guest bedroom all I could think about was Stanley’s light installation in his white box.
I could pull that off. Totally. The Stanley meets Angie’s Roost.
Yeah…no. Not quite my style. But I appreciate his bravado. Back to my sad little white box that I probably won’t do anything nearly as cool.
And there goes photo bombing again. That’s what he does best. That and staring out the window, even though there’s a five foot snow drift in front of the window. Who knows, a squirrel may jump out of that drift at any moment and Goose is gonna be ready.
And a little guest room to-do list update because, you know, the only thing I love more than a to-do list is crossing things off that list:
Prime the walls and ceiling
- Paint the ceiling a bright white (Benjamin Moore’s ceiling paint is my all time favorite)
- Paint the walls a taupe/gray color
- Install new flooring and poly the crap out of it
- Install, stain and finish baseboards, window trim, door trim and even the new door
- Since the attic entrance is in this room, install a pull down staircase and finish the opening (paint or stain, still haven’t decided)
- Add some sort of flair to the window wall (maybe a stencil, maybe a pallet wall, maybe some wallpaper…still deciding)
- Add bead board to the slanted party of the ceiling, painting it bright white
- Decide on and install a new light fixture for the space
- Make some curtains (I’m thinking white with some fringe or pom poms)
- Build a custom daybed for the space
- Turn a little dumpster diving find into a sweet little night stand
- Add some storage and shelving
- Art, art and more art
Pssst…The white box photos came from the HGTV blog.
Psssssst…Did anyone notice the new header image on the blog?! I’m in love with it and I can’t believe it took me this long to make a new, customized header image. Colby and I had a blast taking photos for this and I adore the added Goose touch to the header. He even looks like he’s going after the bird in the logo! Ha! Silly bird dog Goose!