It’s baaaackkkkkk! Who’s excited?! I’m excited! The Pinterest Challenge is back with a vengeance for another riveting round with the Summer 2012 edition. Not familiar with the Pinterest Challenge? Here’s how it works. Pick a Pinterest pin, something you’ve been dying to tackle. Then put your own spin on it, blog about it giving credit to original inspire-er, and then link up to the party on Tuesday. It’s that simple.
Well, where do you link up those Pinterest Challenge projects you ask? Well let’s meet our gracious hosts for the event. In corner number one, a five foot six DIYer extraordinaire, who searches out the look for less, the creative genius Kate from Centsational Style! Wooooooo! In this corner, a five foot two Jersey gal, oversharer and lover of the ceramic animal, the one and only Sherry from Young House Love. Woooooooo! In this corner, a five foot nine bacon eater extraordinaire, with super human photography skills, Katie from Bower Power. Wooooooooo! And in this corner, the adorable, don’t let that smile fool you or she’ll attack with that glue gun, Michelle from Ten June! Woooooooo!
No kidding, those four gals are super stars. They’re my idols and the geniuses behind four of my favorite blogs! So now that we’ve gotten that madness out of the way, let’s get down to project bidness, first looking back at my Pinterest Challenge Projects of Yore.
- Map Heart Art that is still living in the bathroom. It was an easy project in which I cut out three hearts from a map of New England. One heart is for Colby’s hometown, one for my hometown, and the third is for where we currently live. Cue up the “awwwwwwww”.
- Marilyn Monroe art hangs above our staircase. She was cheap…the art part…not Ms. Monroe. She was FAR from cheap! The art project was essentially a poster from the craft store, cut into strips, and Modge-Podged onto some salvaged wood.
- Ombre Staircase Balusters was not only my favorite Pinterest Challenge project but my favorite project to date in the house. I have all kinds of love for those balusters. And it’s probably the biggest risk we’ve taken so far in our renovations.
So what kind of project am I going to tackle this go around? Here’s a clue:
- Lobster Pillow from Thomas Paul.
- Living Room Art from Made By Girl.
Tipped off yet? Anyone have a clue what I’m doing? Is it obvious? I think it’s obvious but I’m privy to the project information and details. Happy Pinterest Project-ing everyone! Check back in on Tuesday for all the details and also to check out everyone else’s projects!
Pssst….Disclaimer….I have no idea how tall the ladies are..really. I just took a wild stab for flair’s sake.