Angie's Roost Logo

Merry Christmas From The Campbells

First things first…Merry Christmas (Eve) everyone!  Second…it’s Christmas card time.  Campbell family Christmas card time.  By this time all our friends and family should have received our Christmas card.  So if you haven’t received it yet, EARMUFFS…errr…eyemuffs?!  Spoiler alert, we’re about to show the blogosphere our Campbell Family Christmas cards the 2013 edition.  So avert your eyes.  Without further ado, our 2013 Christmas card:

We purchased our Christmas cards from Minted back before Thanksgiving (totally early for us) but addressed them and sent them out last week (totally normal for us).  After debating staging a custom Christmas photo (perhaps by recreating some of our favorite Christmas movie scenes…Colby as Elf anyone?!), we went the easy route and scanned through old Instagram photos to use in a smorgasbord of sorts.  I decided to give Minted a try this year since I had heard so many good things about them, and was thumbing through their design options until I came across this one (the Chalkboard Quotes design) and knew it was the one!  The “sample” version of the card even had the “squirrel” and “it’s all on my blog” quotes on it.  Perfection!  I plugged some of our photos into the card building wizard and done.  Sign, sealed, delivered ordered.

We even splurged a little this year and sprung for the envelope upgrade to kraft paper envelopes.  I’ve never met a kraft paper envelope I didn’t like and the minted version of the envelopes is superior quality!  Quite impressed.

I even had a bit of washi tape leftover from a few Christmas crafts circa 2012 so I slapped a bit of tape on each of the envelopes for another piece of envelope flair.

And is per our usual mo, Goose even signed each and every one of those cards.  Such talent that Goose has!  Spoiler alert…it’s a dog paw rubber stamp.

Since I have no photo outtakes to share with you this year (but you can check out all the ridiculousness that was our 2012 photo shoot), I thought it might be fun to check out what some of the other Christmas card contenders were.

Runner Up #1:  We Are Family design from Minted

This card was actually my favorite.  I loved the simplicity.  But Colby quickly vetoed it because he thought we’d overused that pic.  He’s got a point.  It’s everywhere.  Our blog header, Facebook page profile pics, Etsy profile pic, amongst other locations.

Runner Up #2:  Naughty or Nice design from Minted

Who wouldn’t love a Goose is naughty card?!  Especially when he’s naughty about 98.5% of the time.  The other 1.5% of the time he’s sleeping.  But this card was mutually vetoed since we wanted to get our mugs on the card too.  Goose can’t have all the attention around these parts.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

So from our little ol’ family to yours, we’re wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!  And a HUGE thank you to all our fabulous readers!  Virtual group hug…awwwwwww!

Pssst…What did you all do for your holiday cards this year?  Do you also go the photo card route?  Or do you buy the box of cards from the Target aisle every year?


Add A Comment

We're glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our privacy policy, and all links are nofollow. Do NOT use keywords in the name field. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation.

Angie's Roost Campbell Family in front of home in 2021

Hi there! We're the Campbells. We traded in Maine city living for the country life in Vermont. You'll find us here fixing up a circa 1781 historic home, growing our own food, and filling this home with the memories and things that matter. Read more about us...

Follow us

Want a behind the scenes look?

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter where we share real-time updates, confessions, life lately, and a recap of the week's posts.

Unsubscribe anytime. More info in our Privacy Policy.

Copyright ©Angie's Roost 2023